- Data you provide us or that is collected on your behalf, is owned entirely by you and will be available to you on-demand as well as removed on-demand.
- We consider data a liability and only collect and share the minimum amount required to provide you with a great service.
What this policy coversThe goal of this policy is to help you understand:
- What data we collect from you
- What data we collect automatically
- How we use data we collect
- How we share data we collect
- How we store and secure data we collect
- How you can access and manage your data
- Other important privacy information
What data we collect from youWe collect data about you when you provide it to us by using our Service, as described below.
- Account and profile information – We collect information about you when you register for the Service, such as name and email address, as well as other various settings and contact information.
- Content you provide – When using our Service we collect information you input directly, or from third-party sources, such as Google or Microsoft, which you explicitly authorize.
- Information you provide through our support channels – If you elect to use our customer support, we will collect any information you choose to share with us.
- Payment information – If you decide to upgrade to one of our paid plans, we will collect payment information such as credit card details.
What data we collect automaticallyBy using the Service there is some information we get from you automatically.
- Your use of the Service – When you use the Service we track certain information to help us better understand how you’re using the Service, such as what features you use and how frequently.
- Device and connection information – We collect various pieces of information about your network connection, such as your IP address, so that we can protect the Service against abuse. We also collect information about your device such as what type it is (laptop, tablet, etc) and what browser you’re running so that we can improve the quality of the Service, as well as resolve any issues you may encounter.
How we use data we collectHow we use your data depends on how you utilize the Service. These are the purposes for which we use your data.
- To provide the Service and customize your experience – We use your information to provide the Service and tailor it to your needs.
- For product development and research – To improve our Service, we will often look at our customer data to better understand what it is you’re using the Service for. For example, if we find that customers are using certain web conference providers, we will use that information to develop integrations with those services.
- For customer support – We use your information to resolve technical issues and to respond to requests for assistance.
- For safety and security – We use information about you to verify your account and to monitor for suspicious or fraudulent behavior.
How we share data we collectOur Service inherently requires sharing some of your data with other Service users and some third parties in order to function.
Sharing with other Service users
- For administration – For certain kinds of accounts, we will share your information with the administrator(s) of the account. For example, your name and email are shared with your account administrator.
- For team members that you specify within the Service
Sharing with third partiesThird parties that we share data with do so under direct instruction from us and abide by policies designed to protect your information.
- Service providers – We work with a few third-party service providers to enable customer support, hosting/development, payment processing, and communications.
- Integration partners – If you choose to take advantage of our various integrations, we will share the minimum amount of data with them to perform the desired task.
- Legal / law enforcement – In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe sharing is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or governmental requests.
How we store and secure data we collectWe use extreme care when handling your data and always use industry standards where applicable.
How we store and transmit data
- We store your data in Amazon Web Services data centers located in the United States. You can read more about their physical security here.
- We always use secure connections (TLS/SSL) to transmit data between Service, users, and third parties.
- We encrypt all data stored in our databases at rest.
- Payment data is stored with our billing provider.
- Administrative access to our database is limited to a select group of associates.
How long we keep dataWe keep user data depending on the type of data and how you’ve configured our Service.
- Account data – We retain account data for the lifetime of the account, as it’s mandatory to use the Service. We also retain any data necessary to comply with legal obligations and resolve disputes.
- Content you provide – If your account is deactivated, we retain some of your content so that other Service users that you have collaborated with will be able to continue using the Service in an expected manner.
- Content you allow us to retrieve – By default we retain this data for the lifetime of the account. However, you can delete this data after it is no longer useful to you.
- Payment data – We retain payment data for the lifetime of the account as it is mandatory in order to use our Service.
Notification of security breachWe will notify you within 72 hours of becoming aware of a security breach or configuration weakness that could have allowed your data to be exposed.
How you can access and manage your dataWe strongly believe in giving you access to export or delete your data at will.
Your rightsYou have several rights that can be exercised at any time:
- The right to request a copy of your content in a structured, electronic format
- The right to object to our use of your content
- The right to request deletion of your content (“Right to be forgotten”)